The Polaroid team aims to create a connection to the innovative, creative, problem-solving world of possibilities by using a Polaroid 3D Printer.
Polaroid launches pixel challenge to celebrate unveiling of 3D printer range at CES 2016
"How Polaroid Are You?"
Las Vegas- 6 January 2016: Polaroid is celebrating the launch of the Polaroid ModelSmart 250S 3D printer and consumables range at the International Consumer Electronics Show® (CES) in January 2016 with the ‘How Polaroid Are You?’ pixel challenge.
The ‘How Polaroid Are You?’ pixel challenge is based on the diamond shaped Polaroid & Pixel Design logo, where six key Polaroid colours have been 3D printed to produce six shapes that combine to form a 3D interpretation of the iconic Polaroid & Pixel logo.
The pixel challenge is designed to evoke emotions at both ends of the spectrum from frustration, exasperation, utter despair, irritation, failure and dismissal right through to total euphoria, elation, celebration, accomplishment, triumph and victory once the puzzle has been completed and the participant becomes ‘So Polaroid’!
Why this challenge? It’s simple; the Polaroid team aims to create a connection to the innovative, creative, problem-solving world of possibilities by using a Polaroid 3D Printer.
The pixel challenge further inspires and encourages the participant to not just solve the puzzle but to solve it in extraordinary ways, in extraordinary settings, in extraordinary situations and then to share their experience with friends and loved ones. Only last week a member of the 3D team became ‘So Polaroid’ whilst under water wearing scuba equipment. Others have done it whilst baking a fruit cake and even whilst blindfolded!
Polaroid is asking all participants to share their ‘So Polaroid’ experience by tagging their own video with @sopolaroid3d and #sopolaroid3d. All tagged videos will be entered into the ‘How Polaroid Are You?’ 3D Pixel Puzzle Competition with the most ‘Polaroid’ video winning their very own Polaroid ModelSmart 250S 3D printer. The 250 runners up will be sent a limited edition Polaroid pixel puzzle. The winners will be announced on 31st March 2016.
Those attending CES will also get the opportunity to become ‘So Polaroid’ by attending the Polaroid Booth (#13514 – Central Hall, Tech East, LVCC) where thousands of free Polaroid pixel puzzles have been 3D printed ahead of the show and will also be printed live. Each day there will be two competitions; the ‘Newbie’ & ‘Veteran’ with both being a ‘fastest first’ to become ‘So Polaroid’ with the latter being done while blindfolded! Winners will receive fantastic Polaroid prizes.
Polaroid pixel puzzles are available now at HowPolaroidAreYou.com and the first 1,000 ordered are free of charge (and just £1.99 + P&P thereafter).
Amy Horn, Category Director at London based Environmental Business Products Ltd--the manufacturer of the Polaroid 3D printer and consumables range--added: “Polaroid is the original social sharing brand. The ‘How Polaroid Are You?’ challenge is fun, extremely sociable and creates an enormous buzz once you’ve become ‘So Polaroid’, by solving the Polaroid pixel challenge.”
Polaroid is arguably the first global household name to enter the Consumer & SMB 3D Printer market. The revolutionary Polaroid ModelSmart 250S a featured-packed best-in-class 3D printer and will be available through reseller and retail outlets from early 2016 in 15 European countries.
For further information please contact:
EBP: Kerry O’Connor at email@example.com
Polaroid: Tracey Benjamini at firstname.lastname@example.org
How Polaroid Are You?
Environmental Business Products is Europe’s largest and longest established collector and remanufacturer of inkjet cartridges. Since 1992 the company has been recognised as one of the foremost technical innovators in the industry and in 2014 diversified into the 3D printer market. The EBP group employs over 200 staff across 31 nationalities and operates on a Pan-European basis. For more information, visit: ebpgroup.com
The Polaroid BrandPolaroid is one of the most trusted, well-respected and recognizable brands with a rich 75-year history beginning with Polaroid instant film. Our range of products include instant and digital still cameras, high-definition and mountable sports video cameras, tablets and flat-screen TVs that deliver the fun, instant gratification and value for which the brand has long stood. Today, the Polaroid Classic Border Logo rooted in our beginnings of instant photo sharing serves to designate genuine Polaroid branded products. For more information, visit Polaroid.com
Polaroid, Polaroid & Pixel, Polaroid Color Spectrum, Polaroid Classic Border Logo and are trademarks of PLR IP Holdings, LLC, used under license.
Polaroid ModelSmart 250S 3D printer spec
- Single extruder
- Max model size 250(w) x 150(h) x 150(d) mm
- Nozzle 0.4mm
- Print speed 50mm/s (default) and can be set between 20mm/s and 100mm/s
- Vertical resolution (layer height) 50 – 350 micron
- Camera inside printer: minimum resolution 640 x 480, connected to LAN over WiFi, access via phone App or browser from anywhere with internet access
- Unique Polaroid software for importing of 3D models from library or .stl file type
- Run independently without the need of a computer via the LCD touchscreen
- Accurate auto calibration
- 12 month manufacturer’s guarantee (except where local regulations require otherwise)
- MAC and Windows compatible
- Connectivity: WiFi for network and USB for printing and firmware update
- Nine PLA colours (Pink, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Lime, Black, White, Silver) and Wood
- Colour consistency every print
- Designed specifically for the ModelSmart 250S 3D to ensure highest quality output
- Unique bi-directional smartchip mechanism identifies filament levels and ensures correct material is used
- Proprietary Helpful Printer Driver® software for convenient consumables re-ordering and reseller benefits
- Revolutionary Z-Axis sheets for effortless application, adhesion and removal
- Transparent double-sided adhesive material applied to print bed
- Consistent and robust first layer adhesion
- Effortlessly applied and when removed leaves bed area clean and ready to print
- Optimises highest quality outputs with smooth and blemish-free models
- Reduces premature wear-and-tear on print head