Wholesale Marketing Manager EMEA
About us: iconic brand, tiny company
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory, but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that start-up acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we are building: tools for creators.
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
Polaroid is looking for a Wholesale Marketing Manager to join our EMEA Team. The Wholesale Marketing Manager will be responsible for implementing all digital & brick and mortar marketing plans with our retailers that will drive sell-through and build our brand presence with key accounts and premium lifestyle retailers. This position requires experience working with both pureplay online as well as omnichannel national retailers with a focus on digital marketing and in-store experiences.
- Develop and execute marketing programs for the EMEA region that are aligned with global brand strategy, sales objectives, and revenue targets.
- In partnership with EU Sales and Global Marketing teams; identify trade needs/opportunities and establish marketing strategies that are aligned with product lifecycles, retailer sales cycles and promotional calendars.
- Collaborate with Global Marketing teams to ensure state of readiness is achieved and retailer business models are incorporated into key initiatives.
- Prepare go to market pitch decks/presentations and update sales toolkits for cycle and strategy meetings with retailers & distributors
- Lead and execute an effective internal communication plan so that all stakeholders are aligned with strategy in a timely manner.
- Plan and manage trade budget, and secure tools needed for monitor and follow up.
- Collaborate with global marketing/digital and ecommerce teams to amplify online visibility and incremental online opportunity.
- Contribute wholesale marketing learnings to global campaign hindsight documents.
- Work with local vendors to create instore displays & POS for retailers.
- Plan and execute retail staff trainings, trade events & instore demonstrations.
- Work closely with our distributor partners across all EMEA markets to ensure they are up to date with yearly and seasonal marketing initiatives, guide and provide all marketing tools.
- Collaborate with global Wholesale marketing team & Product team in the development of SMU programs for key accounts.
- Lead agencies and partner with global marketing team in the development, design, messaging, build and delivery of in-store displays and POS materials
- Analysis of POS sell through trends in-store and actioning those trends to continuously refine and improve the go to market strategy
- Familiarity with execution on pure-play as well as omni-channel retail platforms, including but not limited to key accounts like; Amazon, Media Markt, FNAC and Elkjop.
- Partner with global marketing team in the development of A+ content including video, imagery and copy that has been optimized for both organic and paid search
- Generation and analysis of online product reviews including management of 3rd party partners.
- Direct retailer partners in the execution of digital spend for paid and sponsored ads including the management of 3rd party partners like Criteo
- Analysis of POS sell through trends online and actioning those trends to continuously refine and improve the go to market strategy
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum three years digital and trade / wholesale marketing experience.
- Experience working directly with national retailers like Amazon, Media Markt
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal cross-functional teams and external groups.
- Analytical mindset with an intuitive sense of how to interpret KPIs and take operational advantage of data-driven insights
- A solid understanding of eCommerce/retail marketing / trade-spend economics
- Experience in the world of lifestyle/fashion brands and contemporary culture a big plus.
The ideal candidate
- Self-starter with high energy, passionate and driven to excel.
- Results-driven, flexible, and determined, with a strong and disciplined work ethic.
- Disciplined in execution with outstanding attention to detail and follow- through skills.
- Ability to seek-out, develop and nurture strong partnerships and work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Cultivates a collaborative attitude in working with a broader team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Hands-on. Must have the ability to roll-up sleeves and get into the details.
What to expect
This is a full-time position based in Amsterdam, Netherlands. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Sales with dotted line into Global Head of Wholesale Marketing based in HQ Amsterdam
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV with any other relevant information to our recruitment team ([email protected]) or apply via LinkedIn.