Amsterdam, the Netherlands
About us: Iconic brand, tiny company.
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we are building: tools for creators.
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
Objectives of the role
- Manage assigned project from start to finish on time
- Ensure all briefs are dispatched properly to the team in the studio based
- Project quality assurance - testing and review of output, reviewing the output of deliverables against approved scope
- Determine project risks on a continual basis, escalate issues as needed
- Assist with project status reports and ensure documentation is up to date.
- Keep Ops and other departments informed about project status, dispatching workload
- Monitor and enforce project constraints (schedule/ scope/ feedback/resources)
- Manage all assets attached to the project through final delivery: from creation on server, to review, to approval and storage on our DAM
- Initiate and lead all project meetings, establish clear goals and next steps for team members
- Own workflow structure and daily work schedules of the Creative Studio department
- Ensure work is delivered on deadline, compiling studio schedules, updating studio schedules regularly
- Keep Operations and other departments informed about project status, dispatching workload
- Completely owns our project management tools and all the active cards which the team is working on
- Own our DAM platform and server structure to be able to contribute to an organized working system with the team
The ideal candidate
- A good knowledge of brand creative workflows and processes is critical
- Will plan and ensure the best productivity from the creative team, estimating workback time on tasks, traffic management, production management, resource allocation and deadline management.
- A natural ability to keep an overview and know exactly how to prioritize the work to be done
- Excellent organisation skills
- Has efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership skills and ability to meet deadlines in a stressful environment, whilst motivating a team with a wide variety of skill sets
- Able to think outside the box, have meticulous attention to detail and possess problem-solving skills
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV with any other relevant information to our recruitment team [email protected] or apply via LinkedIn.