Product Manager, Photography
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
About us: iconic brand, tiny company.
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about changing the world through great products.
What we are building
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
As a Product Manager at Polaroid, you will do:
- Be part of a small cross-functional team that shapes what products we develop, how we develop them, and how we talk about them.
- Your role will be to bring user, market and intuition driven product insights and requirements to create extraordinary results for Polaroid.
- You will manage the product portfolio in a way that drives growth for your category and delivers delight to customers and creates habitual usage.
- You will manage the product roadmap and product prioritization for the end-to-end lifecycle for your category; from creation to GTM to end-of-life.
- In this process you will balance stakeholders, influence leaders, and get buy-in across the organization. You will work with our:
- Engineering and design teams from a product management perspective to guide early technology research, feasibility analysis, and development.
- Sales, DTC, and customer services teams to ensure we are balancing their needs in the product vision.
- Finance team to own the product P&L and manage growth and margins of our products so they do incredible things for our business.
- Marketing team to drive product messaging, guide marketing communications and act as a product spokesperson in press briefings, to retailers and partners, and at public events.
- Research and Insights team to spot new opportunities, all the way from product idea to positioning.
- While doing all this you will make sure products and the portfolio delivers against requirements and metrics, such as market share, NPS, EBITA, etc.
- You will spot and drive opportunities at the intersection technological feasibility, business viability, and consumer needs.
As a Product Manager you bring:
- Around 5 or more years of professional product management experience
- A technical track record working closely with cross functional engineering and design teams (preferably in consumer electronics) being the voice of the market to these teams during the development phase.
- Experience in driving the growth strategy per product to delight users and drive habitual usage.
- A thoughtful approach in setting product KPIs, goals, and managing towards OKRs.
- The ability to synthesize products, tech, features and ideas into compelling product communications for broad audiences including customers, retailers and the media.
- Strong opinions — well informed but loosely held — on consumer electronics, hardware, and product overall.
- Comfortability with business cases, product margins and financial modeling.
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to identify, articulate and assess the impact of investments and resources on products, experiences, onboarding, performance and productivity.
- Extensive experience of finding solutions, resolving issues and managing competing priorities.
- Superb communication skills with a strong personal presence and the ability to inspire and influence throughout all levels, environments and geographies.
The mindset and skills you’ll need:
- Product obsession: People call you a nerd about your specific category and you have an uncanny intuition for where it’s going.
- Technical translator: You sweat the technical details and excel at translating those to consumers so they know why they should care. You can communicate just as clearly with engineers as you can with sales teams and consumers.
- Business mindset: You understand how to manage a product P&L and how to balance innovation, investments, and costs.
- Operational excellency: You make the complex simple, inventing new processes where there was none.
What to expect
This is a full-time role based in our Amsterdam HQ (Houthavens).
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and letter of motivation as well as any other relevant information to support your application to Jamie Saul ([email protected]).
Applications must be accompanied by a personalised letter of motivation or they will not be considered.