Junior eCommerce Product Owner
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
About us: Iconic brand, tiny company.
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we are building: tools for creators.
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
Polaroid is looking for Junior eCommerce Product Owner to join our Global Team. The Junior eCommerce Product Owner will be responsible for managing and delivering the RUN roadmap (ongoing website maintenance and experience improvement) in an agile manner and will support the Digital & Innovation Manager in managing and delivering the BUILD roadmap (launch of innovative products and new functionalities) with the support of many internal and external stakeholders.
Objectives of the role
- Responsible for managing the RUN backlog in an agile manner: prioritize clear Product Backlog that gives a complete and structured view of developments needed and guides external development agency on what to work on nextResponsible for monitoring and enforcing project constraints (schedule/ scope/ feedback/resources
- Responsible on determiningRUN backlog risks on a continual basis, escalate issues as needed
- Responsible for project quality deliverables on the RUN Backlog - testing and review of output, reviewing the output of deliverables against approved scope
- Work closely together with our Digital Innovation Manager to manage DTC roadmaps (RUN backlog & BUILD roadmap) and priority setting
- Work closely with eCommerce Team & Customer Service Team to manage the delivery of the RUN backlog
- Identify pain points and opportunities to improve site experience
- Regularly connect with stakeholders to get a clear understanding of the current eCommerce platform experience and identify gaps
- Keep Marketing and other departments informed about backlog status
- Manage assigned project (BUILD Roadmap) from start to finish on time
- Analyse and track competitors and stay on top of industry and market trends
- Support CRO program
- Assist with project status reports and ensure documentation is up to date
- Proficient technical knowledge of ecommerce technologies and web development
- Knowledge of Shopify is a plus
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Tag Manager, BigQuery and/or Optimize is a plus
The ideal candidate
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role is required
- Experience in the following fields: requirement gathering, detail user story ticketing and product backlog management, Shopify or equivalent platforms
- Familiarwith Agile process, principles, and backlog management A natural ability to keep an overview and know exactly how to prioritize the work to be done
- Strong ability to help stakeholders understand and align priorities to the broader goal of the product
- A natural ability to keep an overview and know exactly how to prioritize the work to be done
- Ability to understand complex problems quickly
- Data driven professional that can convert data into insights
- Makes data informed decision and prioritizes based on data
- Strong stakeholders' management skills
- Curious and eager to learn on the job
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Has efficient verbal and written communication skills
- Able to think outside the box, have meticulous attention to detail and possess problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV with any other relevant information to our recruitment team [email protected] or apply via LinkedIn.