Design Quality Engineer
Polaroid Taiwan Branch
About us: Iconic brand, tiny company.
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory, but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we are building: tools for creators.
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
Your job description
The Design Quality Engineer role ensures that new product validation and in-production quality monitoring is aligned with the intended product use and environment. The role helps define test standard and methodologies, then ensures they are followed by stakeholders which enables high quality deliverables.
- Strategize, develop, and manage quality assurance measures and testing standards for new product and/or enhancements to existing product
- Architect, standardized and execute (outsorcing or by ourself when needed) manual and automated testing methodologies across multiple products/projects which enables high quality deliverables.
- Drives continuous improvement and lessons learned across multiple products/projects.
- Create Quality KPI and take actions to drive the teams to deliver perfect quality products and re-validations.
- Create detailed test plans and test cases
What you’ll do
- Ensures and controls implementation of quality methods and risk management in processes, projects and products (8D, RCA, DQA Gates, FMEA)
- Review system and functional specifications (PRD, PDS…)
- Adapt and develop the test strategy; define test case specification and exit criteria accordingly
- Take ownership of the validation of products/projects
- Work closely with product development team to Identify risks items and dependencies; design and write test plans and test case specifications to avoid avoid test coverage gap and overlap
- Communicate early and often about any events affecting the team, schedule, and quality
- Improve processes or propose improvement where’s applicable
- Interact with internal Polaroid quality stakeholders to improve product and process quality
What you bring
- Eligible to work in Taiwan and willing to travel frequently to suppliers across Asia;
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design or engineering, master’s degree an advantage;
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in System Test/Validation role;
- Proven experience with the required quality tools, including Six Sigma Green/Black Belt;
- Proven experience in relevant inspection techniques, quality systems and processes;
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 and ISO 14000, social compliance considered an advantage;
- Confident working with internal stakeholders and external partners on quality issues;
- Experience in consumer products, ideally image and consumer electronics products;
- Professionally fluent in both written and spoken English and Mandarin.
What to expect
This is a full-time role based in Polaroid Taiwan Branch. You will be reporting directly to Design Quality Manager and working with the Development and the Hardware Quality teams.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and letter of motivation with any other relevant information to Kylie Lee ([email protected]), or apply via LinkedIn.