How can I download apps on to my Tablet?
The Tablet does not come pre-loaded with an app store, however for your convenience a link to download the Amazon appstore can be found on the Bookmarks widget on the Home screen (Please refer to "Downloading apps" in the User Guide).
We find that the Google Android market caters mainly to smartphones. Polaroid Tablet users can download apps by downloading the Amazon App Store application or by loading .apk files directly onto the device using the preloaded "ApkInstaller" which is located in your tablet's app menu.
.apk is a file format used to distribute and install Applications onto the Android operating system. They can be found and downloaded from various websites on the internet.
(1) Find and download an .apk file to your computer.
(2) Connect your Polaroid tablet via USB to your computer and copy the .apk file into your tablet memory or SD card memory (drag and drop or copy and paste).
(3) Safely eject your Polaroid tablet and disconnect it from the computer.
(4) In the Tablet apps menu, select the app called, "ApkInstaller".
(5) Press the "Menu" button on the tablet.
(6) Select "Install".
(7) Locate the .apk file you've just transferred to the tablet and select it.
(8) Select "Install"
(9) Select "Install" again.